The only way to stand out from the crowd in the earliest stages of your career is to present a cracking resume. What are the rules for effective resume writing?
Before we begin leave an enquiry with ECA Internships and get connected with internship opportunities from around Australia. Our experts to guide you through the application process for the company of your choice and help you with your resume and interview process.
- Do Limit Your Resume Text to 2 fonts.
- Do Include Your Contact Info.
- Do Use Powerful Verbs.
- Do Show Your Tech Skills.
- Do Include Soft Skills.
- Do Highlight Your Achievements.
- Do Keep It Updated.
- Do Include a Summary Statement.
- Do Use Appropriate Alignment.
- Do Consider Volunteer or Other Non-Work Experience.
- Do Highlight Your Most Relevant Experiences.
- Do Proofreading.
- Don’t Misrepresent Your Education or Job Experience.
- Don’t State “References available upon request”.
- Don’t Include your High School Education if you’re a College Graduate.
- Don’t Give Reasons for Leaving Each Job.
- Don’t Experiment with a Crazy Format.
- Don’t Use your Company Phone Number or Email Address.
- Don’t List Past Salary Information.
- Don’t Reveal Confidential Information.
- Don’t Add Hobbies or Interests that Are Unrelated to the Job.
- Don’t Overload the Resume with Details.
Once you’ve got your resume perfected it’s time to move to writing a stellar cover letter.