Web Application Development Intern
Internship, Engineering, Information Technology, AU-Brisbane, AU-Melbourne, AU-Sydney
Number of positions available:1
Our host is a leading Australian Property Research firm. They advice and educate investors on the next areas of growth for property investment. Last Date to Apply - 25-04-2021 | Internship Begins - Immediate | 20 Hours/Week
As an IT Web Application Developer Intern, the intern will work under the close supervision of the IT team and gain hands on experience in:
- PHP, HTML, CSS and jquery
The intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organizing, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
Additionally, the Intern will:
- Gain an overview of the web application development space
- Understand the fundamentals of frameworks like AngularJS, Laravel and WordPress
- Gain experience working in a tight-knit Agile project team that includes technical staff and stakeholders
Participate in workshops, projects and meetings
- Must have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.
- Knowledge of developing rich user-facing interfaces and deploying a web application
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design
- Have strong fundamentals of PHP along with HTML, CSS, jquery
- Understands fundamentals of SEO
- Be a fast learner and have a willingness to learn and grow
ABOUT ECA INTERNSHIPS
ECA Internships is Australia’s leading internship solution provider. The Professional Internship Program aims to kick-start your career by providing international exposure and an enriching experience in multicultural Australia. This is a unique opportunity to gain real world experience in your chosen field. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will be able to apply the theory and skills you have learned, and benefit from shared cultural experiences.