Full Time, Engineering, Information Technology, AU-Sydney
Number of positions available:1
Our host is based in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Their mission is to empower people to live happier and more fulfilling lives by guiding youth on a path towards meaningful work after high school. They use a unique mix of technology, data and creativity to drive innovation within EdTech and are leaders in the space, with over 1.6M annual users, 150 pathway partners, and +600 schools that use the platform.
They are looking for a senior developer with 3+ years of experience working on medium to large web applications in an agile environment using Laravel and Vuejs, with deep understanding of data structures and databases.
- You must take ownership of tasks assigned to you, write clean and efficient code and test.
- You like to collaborate with your team mates for brainstorming the best possible approach and ask for help when needed.
- You are up-to-date with latest tech changes and always searching for ways to improve the product.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in working with Vuejs (and preferably Nuxt).
- Proficient in HTML, SASS and Bootstrap UI framework (We use Bootstrap 4)
- Ability to develop mobile friendly user interfaces
- At least 2 years working experience in working with Laravel 5.0+
- PostgreSQL: Ability to write complex queries with knowledge of performance
- tuning using index.
- ElasticSearch: Basic familiarity with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Docker (compose, build)
- AWS (CloudFormation, EC2, ECS/EKS, RDS)
If you have a proven track record of success, enjoy working in fast-paced Agile environments and possess strong stakeholder management skills, we’d love to hear from you.
Why work with our host?
💆♀️ For great work life balance
🏡 Flexible working options, freedom and autonomy to do your best work in a way that fits your lifestyle
😀 Prime culture and collaborative working space
🎓 A team of managers that are focused on continuous training and development
🌞 Annual retreat where they head up or down the coast to team-build and strategise for the year to come
🔑 Quarterly team-wide off-sites to take stock of performance and plan for the next quarter
🍣 Social activities galore to help you get to know the meddling bunch you’ll be working with