Mechanical Engineer Intern
Internship, Engineering, Melbourne
Number of positions available:1
Our host company comprises of a team of multi-disciplinary professional engineers specialising in: Building Services Design | Efficiency Upgrades | Technical Advisory They are experts in Sustainable Building Services Design and based out of Melbourne. Last Date to Apply - 30-03-2021 | Internship Begins - Immediate | 20 Hours/Week
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern, the intern will work under the close supervision of other team members and work on range of activities including, but not limited to::
- Fan static calculations
- Pump static calculations
- Equipment scheduling
- Heat load calculations using CAMEL software
- Contributing to the production of project and contract documentation as required
- Assist with development of tools, procedures, and checklists to improve the team’s operating efficiency
The intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organizing, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
Additionally, the Intern will:
- Get a head start to their career in the building service industry
- Get exposure to challenging problems and upskilling in mechanical services
- Mentoring for your professional development
The intern ideally be a second or a third year bachelor’s student pursuing a Mechanical Engineering Degree, others with similar qualifications can apply.
Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.
The ideal candidate should have
- Interest in mechanical services for building
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good academic record
- Motivation to contribute and be part of a team
- Be a fast learner and have a willingness to learn and grow
ECA Internships is Australia’s leading internship solution provider. The Professional Internship Program aims to kick-start your career by providing international exposure and an enriching experience in multicultural Australia. This is a unique opportunity to gain real world experience in your chosen field. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will be able to apply the theory and skills you have learned, and benefit from shared cultural experiences.