Human Resources Internship
Internship, Human Resources, Sydney
Number of positions available:1
Our client is the world's largest medical and travel security services firm with over two-thirds of the Fortune Global 500 companies as clients and headquarters in Singapore and London. They currently manage 11,000 employees, led by 5,200 medical professionals servicing multinational companies, governments and NGOs globally. The organization thrives on its unique global landscape and diverse working environment with excellent career advancement opportunities available to all its employees.
This is a unique opportunity to Join a fast-moving company with ongoing training and development opportunities available globally. The intern will gain specialized experience in Human Resources under the larger Medical Services umbrella. The intern will also apply skills across functions to gain broader application of HR policies and principles, while developing deep domain expertise.
Additionally, the intern will gain hands on end to end service delivery experience while focusing on the following core areas:
- Conduct competitive analysis of various job recruitment portals to select appropriate media
- Coordinate and assist candidates with screening and scheduling interviews
- Participate in face to face interviews and conduct process analysis and gap analysis
- Shadow the HR manager in the recruitment and background reference check process to gain an understand of HR policies
- Apply database management skills to analyze and maintain the candidate database
- Understand the basics of contract and vendor management, contract issuing, receipting and creating employee orientation packs
- Deep dive into employee law and labor relations to understand and assess employees’ statement of service
The intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving and self-management.
Additionally, the intern will develop essential skills in the following areas;
- Market research and data analysis techniques
- Compliance policies and procedures in the specific business domain
- Program evaluation and process mapping
- Use of workplace technology in the medical services field
- Correspondence reporting and management
- Cross functional stakeholder management
- Database and system management
- Completed or working towards a degree, preferably in a related field
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well without close supervision
- Learns quickly: demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.