Graduate Accounting Internship
Internship, Accounting, Finance, Brisbane, Melbourne, Remote, Sydney
Number of positions available:2
About our Client: Our clients are well-established CPA accounting firm located in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. They have been helping individuals, families and businesses in the areas of Accounting, Bookkeeping, Taxation, Personnel and Business Finance, Property Investments and Wealth Creation areas. This is a good opportunity for an intern to gain hands on core accounting experience and progress in their career.
During this internship, the intern will gain observational experience in understanding Accounts Payable, Account Receivable functions to general accounting. Additionally, the intern will gain an overview of finance operations, including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping experience using Xero and Quick Books
- Preparation of Individual Tax Returns, Business Tax Returns and Financials
- Data entry and analysis using accounting packages and advanced Excel
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Statement Reconciliations
- General Ledger integrity and reconciliations.
- Auditing daily income streams and managing reporting data on the accounting system
- Gaining experience on ad-hoc administrate projects and developing ideas to streamline processes
- Participate in month-end closures
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting and Finance team to compile and analyse data, track information, and support the team and the corporation
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong accounting and financial background in terms of understanding the principles
- Critical thinking
- Interest in technologies and systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Eager to learn & ability to absorb information and new skills.