Graduate Accountant Internship
Internship, Accounting, Business, Finance, Melbourne
Number of positions available:1
Our host is a specialist Self-Managed Super Fund Administration service provider that distinguishes itself through a partnership based business model. The company has it's key personnel bringing in over 100 years’ experience in SMSF, Corporate Superannuation, Industry Fund, Dealer Groups and Accounting. This is a fantastic opportunity for and intern to gain experience in a fast growing company across a range of accounting and finance areas.
Some of the projects & activities you could expect as part of your learning include:
- Updating client relationship and project portals
- Training on SMSF accounting requirements and financial reporting
- Assisting with development of communications policy
Additionally, as your knowledge and experience improves you will gain observational experience across:
- Preparation of fund application forms
- Monitoring checklists of financial and statutory information required to set up a new client
- Reviewing previous financial year returns for key information
- Loading financial information from prior years into the fund’s financial system
- Providing status updates through the internal project management system
During the internship, you will gain experience whilst participating with a team of administrators and accountants. The initial period will be devoted to gaining an understanding of the SMSF accounting obligations and statutory requirements. This will be via training and hands on involvement in the company’s physical and electronic communication and utilizing its CRM system. From there exposure to the accounting process’s using our SMSF accounting systems will begin. You will obtain over the period of the internship and understand how SMSF accounting works, whilst developing practical exposure and skills in accounting, business and personal fields
A training plan will be provided to the candidate outlining learning objectives based on your educational background, interests, and skills.
Additionally, the intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organising, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
The Intern will gain insight/hands-on experience in:
- Work environment and corporate culture within the SMSF industry
- Work and interact directly with experienced corporate financial services professionals at various levels
- Expand your professional network in the Financial services industry
- Exposure to various systems and how they integrate with each other
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in Taxation and Business law modules during study is beneficial
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong accounting and financial background in terms of understanding the principles
- Critical thinking
- Interest in technologies and systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Eager to learn & ability to absorb information and adapt new skills.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.