Data Science Internships- Environmental Sustainability Intern
Internship, Data Science Internship, Engineering, AU-Sydney
Number of positions available:1
The Environmental Sustainability Intern will be introduced to projects that deal with ecosystem services, economics intertwined with the environment, and citizen outreach. The Intern will assist in finding ways to lower costs through reduced resource use, economic and environmental sustainability policy research and analysis for data collection purposes, whist maintaining a less wasteful work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of technical inputs to environmental assessment projects, including data collection and analysis.
- Gathering, analysing, and reporting on sustainability initiatives including energy use, water use, waste management, carbon emissions, renewable energy, and other environmental programs.
- Engaging in “Zero Waste” Recycling and waste diversion, Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventory process, Climate Action Planning, and program development.
- Assisting in energy reduction projects and assessments.
- Coordination of sub-consultants contributing to projects.
- Providing advice on environmental issues.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender submissions.
- Conduct desktop research on sustainability related topics
- Providing support to senior members of the Environmental and Engineering Teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Hold a degree, or currently pursing a degree, in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.