Internship, Data Science Internship, Information Technology, Brisbane, Melbourne, Noosa, Online Internship, Remote, Sydney
Number of positions available:1
Our host is a multinational corporation that operates three internationally renowned brands dedicated to bringing worldwide protection and care. The B2B2C leader in assistance and insurance solutions offer a range of products and services in the following areas of expertise: global assistance, international health & life, global automotive and travel insurance. This global family of over 17,500 employees is present in 76 countries, speaks 70 languages and handles 44 million cases per year, protecting customers and employees on all continents.
Immediate Hiring | 20 Hours/Week
This is a rare opportunity for a student/ recent graduate to join the Vendor & Commercial Management Department of a multinational corporation and assist with the below areas in their day-to-day operations within the department.
- Assist to scope, design and development of market leading dossiers in Micro Strategy to enable to delivery of reporting for the MPM team. These dossiers will be used to manage the spend and performance of providers associated with the International health line of business.
- Assist with validation and further development of dossiers for the management of providers in the Roadside Business.
- Development of dossiers to assist with investigations as highlighted by the RSA Category Managers in provider management.
The intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organising, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
The Intern will gain insight/hands-on experience in:
- Work environment and corporate culture of multinational organisations
- Working with real-life messy raw data sets, and being part of the team that solves business problems
- Build your own portfolio and expand your professional network in your field
- Recent graduate in Data Science/Business Administration, or studying the final year of your bachelor or master’s degree
- Have experience with Data Science programming languages and tools
- Analytical thinking and business acumen
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the business both in written and visually
- Eager to learn & ability to fast absorb information and adapt new skills
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.