Data Analyst Intern
Internship, Data Science Internship, Information Technology, Brisbane, Melbourne, Online Internship, Remote, Sydney
Number of positions available:1
Our client is an Australian company with a national presence and diverse workforce that specialises in the field of information technology. Their primary service is to provide consultancy and training to businesses looking to drive a high-performance culture and to support integrated operations. Immediate Hiring | 20 Hours/Week
The Data Analytics department is responsible for the analysis and translation of people, safety, employment, biographical and organisational workforce data. A key feature of this role is to collect, analyse and translate data in response to requests from across the business. As a data analyst intern, you’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, sharpen your business acumen and help build something new.
Reporting to the lead Data Analyst, the intern will gain experience across a range of Data Analysis fields and tools. During the internship you will
- Develop a clear understanding of the business problem and conceptualise the solution
- Identify data points and streamline the data collection process
- Consolidate data and perform the ETL process
- Use various statistical and ML methods to understand deeper trends
- Use various visualisation for data storytelling
- Must be aged 18 to 35 years (inclusive)
- Must have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.
- Completed or working towards a degree, preferably in a related field
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a busy and dynamic setting
- Learns quickly: demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
Flexible as dealing with colleagues globally in different time zones
ECA Internships is Australia’s leading internship solution provider. The Professional Internship Program aims to kick-start your career by providing international exposure and an enriching experience in multicultural Australia. This is a unique opportunity to gain real world experience in your chosen field. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will be able to apply the theory and skills you have learned, and benefit from shared cultural experiences.