Internship, Finance, Melbourne
Number of positions available:1
Our client is one of the leading and most experienced wholesale food supplier in Australia, with the widest range of delivery and distribution networks across the country.
During this internship, the intern will gain observational experience in understanding Accounts Payable, Account Receivable functions (Credit Controller) to general accounting.
Account payable tasks:
- Observe the end to end payable processing
- Learn how to create new vendors and entering variations to vendor records.
- Learn to process payment runs to pay creditor invoices due for payment ensuring adherence to vendor term calculations where applicable
- Understanding the validating data entry and payable reports
- Observe the aged payable reports and resolving PO and/or invoicing issues
- Learn the preparation of the vendor reconciliations, identifying anomalies and errors, and executing relevant steps to effectively resolve any issues
- Observing the processing of creditor journals and payments
Account receivable tasks:
- Understanding of managing debtors and how overdue debts are collected
- Observe reconciliation of weekly debtor statements
- Learn how to monitor customer accounts for non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Understanding investigating customer issues and the resolution process
- Learn how to undertake credit checks
- Observe the end of Month preparation
- Gain an understanding of the daily functions of Account Payable, Account Receivable (Credit Controller), Assistant Accountant positions and how these positions collaborate in a finance team
- Gain an understanding of an ERP system, functionality and benefits in an organisation
- Gain soft skill competencies including, communication, problem-solving, collaboration and negotiation.
- Team player and high attention on details
- Keen to learn and can to attitude
- Good at Excel
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.