Internship, Accounting, Business, Finance, Brisbane, Noosa
Number of positions available:1
Our host, a 5-star resort, is based in the middle of Hastings Street in Noosa. As part of the worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader Accor, they are a team of over 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within their addresses. This is an excellent opportunity for an intern to gain experience as an accountant in the hospitality sector. Immediate Hire | 20 Hours/Week
You will work with the finance team and gain experience in various aspects of accounts – pertaining to the hospitality sector. You will also learn about day to day processes and reporting structures and understand the role of the finance department at a hotel.
- Accounts Payable – Entering of Invoices into the stock system and also accounting software;
- Reconciliation of statements and payment runs;
- Accounts Receivable – Credit Card and Gift Voucher Reconciliation;
- Applying deposits and sending out invoices to travel agents as well as reconciling hotel discounts.
- Understand how a hotel is operated.
- As part of the finance team, you will learn the processes of accounts receivable and payable.
- You will be exposed to varies different software including accounting (SUN), Excel and hotel management (Opera).
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Must be aged 18 to 35 years (inclusive)
- Must have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.
- Relevant qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Basic Excel knowledge
- Good Presentation