Internship, Accounting, Finance, AU-Brisbane
Number of positions available:2
Our host is a luxurious 4.5 – star beach hotel located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast. This is a fantastic opportunity for 2 students or fresh graduates to learn under their Director of Finance and Business Support at their upscale 389 room property under IHG.
During this internship, the intern will gain observational experience in understanding Accounts Payable, Account Receivable functions to general accounting. Additionally, the interns will gain an overview of finance operations, including but not limited to:
- Auditing daily income streams and managing reporting data on the accounting system
- Processing purchase orders and invoices
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Statement Reconciliations
- Gaining experience on ad-hoc administrate projects and developing ideas to streamline processes
- Participate in month end closures
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting and Finance team to compile and analyse data, track information, and support the team and the corporation
The intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organising, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
The Intern will gain insight/hands-on experience in:
- Work environment and corporate culture within the hotel industry
- Work and interact directly with experienced corporate financial services professionals at various levels
- Expand your professional network in the Financial services industry
- Exposure to various systems and how they integrate with each other
- Employment opportunity within Finance team at one of their 5,800+ properties worldwide
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong accounting and financial background in terms of understanding the principles
- Critical thinking
- Interest in technologies and systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Eager to learn & ability to absorb information and adapt new skills.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.