Internship, Finance, AU-Brisbane
Number of positions available:1
Our host is a multinational corporation that operates three internationally renowned brands dedicated to bringing worldwide protection and care. The B2B2C leader in assistance and insurance solutions offer a range of products and services in the following areas of expertise: global assistance, international health & life, global automotive and travel insurance. This global family of over 17,500 employees is present in 76 countries, speaks 70 languages and handles 44 million cases per year, protecting customers and employees on all continents.
During this internship, the intern will gain observational experience in understanding Accounts Payable, Account Receivable functions to general accounting
- Assisting with filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Accounts Receivable Statement Reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable Statement Reconciliations.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting and Finance team to compile and analyse data, track information, and support the team and the corporation.
The intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organising, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
The Intern will gain insight/hands-on experience in:
- Work environment and corporate culture of multinational organisations
- Work and interact directly with experienced corporate financial services professionals at various levels
- Expand your professional network in the Financial services industry.
- Recent graduate in Finance or Accounting, or studying the final year of your bachelor or master’s degree
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Time management skills
- Eager to learn & ability to fast absorb information and adapt new skills.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.