Internship, Finance, Melbourne
Number of positions available:1
Our client is an Accounting & Taxation SME with qualified Certified Practicing Accountants (CPAs). Our client has built a reputation of being successful, trustworthy and providing a high quality of services to its customers in Melbourne.
During this internship the intern will gain an opportunity to learn skills from the fundamentals of Accounting software data entry, personal tax return preparation, BAS preparation and possible company/trust tax return as well as financial statement preparation based on the candidate’s knowledge areas.
- Learn how to carry out data enrolment (credit / debit) for clients in accounting software
- Reviewing of the bank reconciliation in accounting software
- Understanding the validation of data and related reports in accounting software
- Learn how to create new clients in tax agent software
- Learn how to prepare tax return
- Learn how to enrol data to generate financial statement in the agent’s software
- Observe and understand end to end tax returns processing
- Learn the preparation of the reconciliation, identifying anomalies and errors, and executing relevant steps to effectively resolve any issues
- Learn how to carry out ASIC letters notifications
- Gain an understanding of the daily functions in tax agency and the importance of data accuracy and validation.
- Gain an understanding of process related to tax returns and agency software systems
- Get practical exposure to working with teams, collaboration, negotiation, problem solving, data trouble shooting and areas related to coordination with ASIC.
- Team player and high attention to details
- Proficient at Excel
- Be able to handle multi-tasks
- Preferred understanding of both written and spoken Mandarin
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.