Account Executive Internship
Internship, Accounting, Finance, Brisbane, Melbourne, Noosa, NSW, Online Internship, Orange, Remote, Sydney
Number of positions available:1
Our client is a well-established CPA accounting firm have been helping individuals, families and businesses over the past 20 years in the areas of Accounting, Bookkeeping, Taxation, Personnel and Business Finance, Property Investments and Wealth Creation areas. This is a good opportunity for an intern to gain hands on core accounting experience and progress in their career.
During this internship, the intern will gain observational experience in understanding Accounts Payable, Account Receivable functions to general accounting. Additionally, the intern will gain an overview of finance operations, including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping experience using Xero and Quick Books
- Preparation of Individual Tax Returns, Business Tax Returns and Financials
- Data entry and analysis using accounting packages and advanced Excel
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Statement Reconciliations
- General Ledger integrity and reconciliations.
- Auditing daily income streams and managing reporting data on the accounting system
- Gaining experience on ad-hoc administrate projects and developing ideas to streamline processes
- Participate in month end closures
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting and Finance team to compile and analyse data, track information, and support the team and the corporation
During the internship period, the intern will be working under the supervision of an experienced accountant. The intern will gain knowledge and experience of all the relevant areas in Public Accounting and Mortgage Broking. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to be qualified for Permanent Roles based on the performance during their Internship period.
Through the course of the internship, the intern will be able to develop key workplace soft skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, self-management, planning and organising, use of workplace technology, learning and willingness to take on new challenges, initiative, and professionalism.
The Intern will gain insight/hands-on experience in:
- Work environment and corporate culture within the accounting industry
- Work and interact directly with experienced corporate financial services professionals at various levels
- Expand your professional network in the Financial services industry
- Exposure to various systems and how they integrate with each other
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong accounting and financial background in terms of understanding the principles
- Critical thinking
- Interest in technologies and systems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Eager to learn & ability to absorb information and adapt new skills.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have completed a diploma or advanced diploma or AQF 5 or above in your chosen field of study within the last 2 years
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 Overall (and no band less than 6.0) or PTE overall score of 50+*
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week & 12 weeks period. (duration may vary between 10-12 weeks and can be confirmed by the employer)
- You must have an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency OR a valid visa that allows you to work in Australia to be considered for this role
*If your bachelor’s or master’s degree has been completed in Australia, your IELTS/PTE score submission is optional.